26 July . 2021
Let the countdown begin...
1. Lots of Open Space
In today’s world, it is more important than ever to have open spaces and fresh air. We provide well-maintained outdoor spaces with plenty of room to social distance with friends. At Riverlights you can post up in an Adirondack around the HUGE community fire pit or any one of our community spaces—but resident porches and lanais are even better!
2. Make Friends Easily
It's easy to meet people and make friends here at Riverlights where the weather is warm and southern hospitality is even warmer.
“Everyone is welcoming new friendships no matter what age at Riverlights!”
- Carol Kirsche, Riverlights Resident of 4 years
3. Sense of Community
Wilmington is a diverse melting pot of folks from all over the nation. Many of us have moved from somewhere else in search of water and warmer weather, so we tend to lean on each other and have a welcoming neighborhood vibe. Whether you’re looking for a 55+ retirement community or the perfect place to raise your family—you’ll feel right at home here. Get to know the Riverlights community here by checking out our newsletter.
4. Walkable Communities
Whether you prefer to bike, hike or walk your furry friends—trails are abundant at Riverlights. We offer a perfect 5k loop around our Riverlights Lake in addition to approximately 5-6 miles of trails in and throughout our community. Upon the completion of our 10 development (we’re 4 years in now) we’ll have about 7-8 miles of nature trails!
5. Eat. Shop. Play
At Marina Village, our riverside destination is full of local favorites and experiences in the heart Riverlights. And we have plenty more to come in our next commercial phase, so stay tuned! Meet up with friends at Magnolia Social Café, for a coffee and Danish, enjoy indoor golf on virtual simulators at Club Golf, rent or buy a bike for those nature trails at Shore Break Bikes. Need art for your new home? Check out Water + Color Gallery, featuring 40+ local artists. And don't forget to get your shop on and stop by our women's boutique at The Women's Place. Ready for a cocktail? You have two options…Smoke on the Water, or Southern Shores, And coming soon, Girls with Dough a pizza place, with all the family, feels!
6. Social Life
From clubs and groups to the array of community events—we know how to have a good time at Riverlights. We’re talking date nights, group outings, concerts, artisans’ farmer's markets, family movie nights, pool parties, parades, holiday events, and more! Check out our current lineup here.
7. Water Access. If you love water, you’ve hit the jackpot at Riverlights! Our 38-acre man-made lake on property is the perfect place for you to launch your kayak, canoe, or paddleboard as well as the beautiful Cape Fear River where you can fish off of our pier or pull your boat up to our day docks! Not to mention you’re 15 minutes from Pleasure Island where Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fischer are located. And don’t forget Wrightsville Beach is just a quick 25-minute drive away as well. Dig your toes into our sand!
8. Beautifully Maintained Homes.
Riverlights has architectural guidelines that ensure the coastal design integrity of our homes. Whether you’re looking for a townhome, duplex, or single-family home—we’ve got a place for you here. We also offer an array of builder options for an added layer of uniqueness for our residents.
- AR Homes
- Charter Building Group
- Del Webb
- Laurel Homes
- Legacy Homes by Bill Clark
- PBC Design + Build
- Pulte Homes
- Trusst Builder Group
9. Lush Landscapes.
Riverlights has 6 parks on property:
- Beacon Point
- Portside Park
- Live Oak Commons
- Boat Builder Park
- Ember Park
- Driftwood Park
You'll feel like you're on vacation every day at Riverlights.
- Swimming Pool: Our zero-entry saltwater swimming pool is complete with lap lanes and a water slide for the kids (big kids welcome too!)
- Lake House: Overlooking the 38-acre lake, this is the place to play a game of pool, host a party, or attend one! With its stunning lake views and hearth fireplace, cozy-coastal is the vibe.
- Fitness Center and Yoga Studio: Come and go with your resident pas and get your flex (or Zen) on!
- The Boardwalk: Cast a line or take in the beautiful views and cotton candy sunsets that dance over the Cape Fear River on our boardwalk and crabbing deck.
- Coming Soon: Another pool feature, a dog park, and a children's playground!
Want More Information?
- 2023 (3)
- 2022 (35)
- 2021 (37)
- 2020 (33)
- 2019 (48)
- 2018 (17)
- 2017 (18)
- 2016 (28)