07 May . 2018
RiverLights Welcomes Back ‘Discovery Series’ and ‘Classic Car Cruise In’ Events this Summer
WILMINGTON, N.C. – May 7, 2018– Here in Wilmington, we are fortunate to be surrounded by beautiful nature and unique culture. So RiverLights is excited to bring back the Discovery Series for folks that want to ‘discover’ the incredible gems throughout our community, from art and history to watersports and healthy living.
The Discovery Series events are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and are free to anyone who wants to join.
- Cape Fear Row Club: May 16, 6 – 7 pm.Ever wonder what it takes to become a rowing master? Head over to Ember Park where the Cape Fear Row Clubwill have row boats and row machines on display to introduce folks to the proper techniques of rowing and the benefits of joining the club.
- Art Walk: June 13, 4:30 – 7 pm.Discover local art from select featured artists of New Elements Gallery, on display in beautifully decorated model homes throughout the RiverLights community. Check-in at the RiverLights Information Center at Marina Village to map out your Art Walk! Food & beverages will be available in each model home.
- Club Pilates: July 18, 6 – 7 pm.Looking for a new workout routine? Grab your friends and head over to Boat Builder Park for a free evening class with Club Pilates.
- History Behind the Land: August 15, 6 – 7 pm. Enjoy an evening at the RiverLights Lake House where Wilmington archeologist Bill Green will unveil the historical roots of the land.
RiverLights is excited to also host a “Classic Car Cruise-In” once a month for fine automobile enthusiasts. The Sun Coast Cruisers car club will “cruise in” to Marina Village to showcase their impressive collection of classic and antique vehicles. The Cruise-In events will be held the 3rdSaturday of each month from 5 – 8 pm: May 19, June 16, July 18, Aug. 18, Sept. 15, Oct. 27, and Nov. 17.
RiverLights hosts an array of events every month that is open to residents and the Wilmington community. Stay in the know of what’s happening and visit our website event page here.
RiverLights is an approximately 1,400-acre planned mixed-use community located in Wilmington, N.C. RiverLights features a variety of residential home sites, commercial space, eight public parks, a beautiful 38-acre freshwater lake, community gathering spaces, and views and access to the Cape Fear River. Upon completion, RiverLights is planned to have approximately 2,290 single family, patio, and multifamily homes. RiverLights is developed by Newland Communities, the largest private developer of planned residential and urban mixed-use communities in the United States. Approaching 50 years of experience, Newland and its affiliates have completed or have underway more than 140 diverse real estate developments, over 20 million square feet of commercial and retail space, and 175,000 residential units in 14 states. Visit NewlandCommunities.com.
Emily Trogdon, The Brandon Agency
(843) 916-2000 o | (843) 687-0706 c
Previous PostRiverLights Update: Amenities Open; More Homes, Retail, Apartments Coming
Older PostRiverLights Hosts ‘Marina Village Marketplace’ On The First Friday of Each Month
Want More Information?
- 2022 (3)
- 2021 (3)
- 2019 (8)
- 2018 (9)
- 2017 (13)